Consistent, Reliable Demand is Critical for Recycling to be Mature, Vibrant and Sustainable.
The Future of Plastics Recycling is at Risk
THERE IS A SOLUTION.
APR Recycling Demand Champions commit to purchase new volume PCR through “work in process” (WIP) durable goods, or other applications for PCR, and thereby play a prominent role in expanding the market for mixed residential plastics, driving investment, increasing supply and producing more high quality PCR. This campaign includes any and all NEW applications for PCR.
Members of the Recycling Demand Champion Program recognize:
- Consistent, reliable demand for recycled plastic is critical for recycling to be mature, vibrant and sustainable.
- A strong demand-pull for recycled plastics is needed to ensure not only the maintenance of but also the building of a more robust recycling supply chain.
Demand Champions look for their efforts to:
- Strengthen and increase domestic demand for residential mixed plastics,
- Help prevent “ocean plastics” by stimulating strong North American markets,
- Boost a “circular economy” for plastic packaging, and
- Mitigate reliance on export markets.
Your company’s commitment to purchase WIP durable goods manufactured with broad specification PCR, develop a new application for PCR, or an increase in PCR usage in a current application will make a significant and measurable impact in strengthening the plastic recycling markets.
Demand creates value. Value drives recycling.