The mission of the Communications Committee is to support APR as “The Voice of Plastics Recycling” with a commitment to the ultimate goal of increasing quality supply through communication and education.
The committee strives to be a source of information to the general public and industry, ensure that the general public understands how plastics can be recycled, encourage participation in collection programs, as well as promote and support all APR programs. Committee meetings are held during the regularly scheduled APR member meetings and holds conference calls periodically throughout the year. Below is a quick review of some of the Communications Committee Projects.
- Forming collaborative partnerships with other trade associations and groups
- Developing marketing materials and messaging tools
- Developing educational web seminars held throughout the year
- Membership Development
- Developing sponsorship opportunities for APR meetings and web seminars
- Enlisting sponsors for the annual Resource Recycling Plastics Recycling Conference
Current Communications Committee Member Companies / Organizations include:
- Avangard Innovative
- Avery Dennison
- KW Plastics
- Phoenix Technologies International
- Plastics Forming Enterprises
- Schupan Recycling
- Taghleef Industries
- Talco Plastics
- The Kennedy Group
- Verdeco Recycling
Please contact Kara Pochiro, APR Communications Director, for additional information.