Attend APR's Fall Meeting in Pittsburgh!
October 17-19, 2017
Omni William Penn Hotel
This will be a joint event between APR's Fall Meeting and the Sustainable Packaging Coalition's Fall Conference, SPC Advance. APR and SPC conference attendees do not need to register for each event separately. APR and SPC members, please us the links below to register. All APR Meetings will take place at the Omni.
PLEASE NOTE: **We will start this meeting with the APR General Session at 8:30am on Tuesday, October 17.**
Please make your plans accordingly since this is an earlier start time than usual.
REGISTRATION: Click here to register for APR members
MEETING HOTEL: ***The group rate has sold out as of September 26. You may still attempt to reserve a room at the Omni using the link but the rate depends on what is available. Click here for hotel reservations at Omni. Omni William Penn Hotel, 530 William Penn Pl., Pittsburgh, PA, 15219, phone: 412-281-7100
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh
The group rate for this hotel is $189/night + taxes/fees. It is immediately across the street from the Omni.
Click here to make your reservations. Or, call the number below and reference 'GreenBlue SPC' with reservations. This rate is good through Wednesday, October 11 or until sold out.
620 William Penn Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
* Please check back here often as we continue to add new details often. If you would like to attend as a guest or have questions about this meeting, please contact Meredith.
Special Thanks to our October Joint Meeting Sponsors:
Tentative Meeting Agenda:
** Please check back often for updates. ** All APR meetings will take place on the 17th floor of the Omni William Penn Hotel.
Tuesday, October 17
7:00 - 5:00 APR Registration, 17th Floor Foyer
7:30 - 8:30 Joint APR and SPC Breakfast, Urban Room - Sponsored by the American Chemistry Council
8:30 - 11:30 APR General Session Meeting, Grand Ballroom
- Welcome & Director's Report - Steve Alexander, APR
- Staff Updates - John Standish, Liz Bedard, Sandi Childs, Kara Pochiro
- Enhancing Value of rPET Panel Discussion - Ellen Martin, The Closed Loop Fund; Dale Gubbels, Firstar Fibers; John Standish, APR; John Caturano, Nestlé
- Meeting Overview - Kara Pochiro, APR
- APR Board of Directors Election - Martha Marrapese, Wiley Rein LLP
12:00 - 1:00 Joint APR and SPC Lunch, Urban Room - Sponsored by Waste Management
12:30 - 3:00 PET Technical Committee, Monongahela Room
12:30 - 2:00 Communications Committee, Allegheny Room
3:00 - 3:30 APR and SPC Joint Break, Urban Room - Sponsored by the Procter & Gamble Company
3:30 - 4:15 PET Reclaimers, Monongahela Room
3:30 - 5:30 Olefins / Rigids Committee, Allegheny Room
5:00 - 6:00 Polystyrene Reclamation, Monongahela Room
5:30 - 7:15 Joint APR and SPC Welcome Reception, Urban Room - Sponsored by The Dow Chemical Company
Wednesday, October 18
7:00 - 5:00 APR Registration, 17th Floor Foyer
7:30 - 8:30 Joint APR and SPC Breakfast, Urban Room - Sponsored by Keurig Green Mountain
8:30 - 10:30 APR and SPC Plenary Session, Grand Ballroom
- Opening Remarks & Industry Announcement - Steve Alexander, Nina Goodrich
- Keynote: The Power of Positive Parnterships, Dr. Mehmood Khan, PepsiCo
- Recyclability Goals: the Why, the How and the What - A Panel Conversation with Ashley Hall, Walmart; Walter Peterson, Nestlé USA; Steve Sikra, P&G; Rebecca Zimmer, Starbucks; Steve Alexander, APR; Nina Goodrich, SPC
10:30-11:00 Joint APR and SPC Networking Break, Urban Room
11:00 - 12:15 Joint SPC - APR Recovery + Plastics Session, Grand Ballroom - Sponsored by Jindal Films
- Kelly Cramer, SPC; John Standish, APR; Dan Muenzer, Tag & Label Manufacturers Institute; Sarah Dearman, Coca-Cola
12:15 - 1:45 Joint APR and SPC Lunch, Urban Room
1:15 - 3:30 Olefin Technical Committee, Monongahela Room
3:20 - 3:50 Joint APR and SPC Break, Urban Room - Sponsored by Billerud Korsnas
4:00 - 6:00 Film Committee, Allegheny Room
4:15 - 5:15 MRF Executive Committee (MRF Operators), Monongahela Room
5:15 - 6:00 Full MRF Committee, Monongahela Room
5:30 - 7:15 Joint APR and SPC Reception, Urban Room - Sponsored by NOVA Chemicals
Thursday, October 19
7:30 - 8:30 APR Hot Breakfast, Urban Room
8:30 - 11:30 APR Closing Session, Grand Ballroom
- Welcome & Meeting Review - Steve Alexander
- Announcement of Board of Directors Election - Steve Alexander
- China's Green Sword Update - Steve Alexander
- The Recycling Partnership: Delivering Measurable Results for APR Members - Dylan de Thomas, The Recycling Partnership
- Recycling Economic Impact in the Carolinas & Your Bottle Means Jobs Update - Chantal Fryer, South Carolina Department of Commerce
- Sorting Potential Protocol Updates - Curt Cozart, Common Sense Solutions
Attend APR's February 2018 Member Meeting in Nashville, TN!
February 19-22, 2018
2800 Opryland Drive
Nashville, TN 37214
* This will be a co-located meeting with the Plastics Recycling Conference. PRC Registration is separate from APR. You will need to register for their conference to attend their sessions.
* Click here to reserve your hotel room at the Gaylord Opryland. The special group rate is $209/night + taxes/fees.
PRC sponsorship opportunities will be available soon. Click here for additional information.