Since 1992, it has been APR's mission to enhance the development and sustainability of the post-consumer plastics recycling industry. We are constantly seeking new ways to make the recycling of plastics more economically and environmentally sustainable. We strive to expand the post-consumer plastics recycling industry through a series of programs and cooperative efforts aimed at identifying and eliminating barriers to successful commercial recycling. And, of course, generating more material to be recycled.
View our BROCHURE, which provides a good overview of APR programs.
Additional APR programatic efforts to enhance plastics recycling include Technical Programs offered through our Technical Committee:
- Developing protocols for the design of packaging for greater recyclability;
- Improving the quality of post-consumer plastics entering the system through our technical forums and committee review process;
- Maintaining a strong and close interface with end-user markets;
- Promoting a cooperative testing program for new packaging;
- Encouraging design for APr Design for RecyclingTM Guidelines and programs;
- Using awards to recognize packages designed to be recycling friendly and to recognize products made from recycled plastic material;
APR also offers Marketing Programs through the Market Development Committee, including:
- Working to develop markets to increase the collection and supply of recyclable plastic bottles;
- Holding workshops and seminars for local and state solid waste management professionals on the unique components of the plastic recycling process;
- Working with communities to enhance their existing collection programs;
- Speaking and exhibiting as conferences and seminars to educate the public about plastics recycling;
- Continually publicizing the market opportunities for collected material through our Market Index publication.
Help us to grow them market for plastic recyling. Join with APR today.
View 2012 APR Members in a full screen map